I've had some requests for prints of Isela, my Catrina Calavera doll from the previous post and so I thought this would be the perfect time to try out Big Ca...
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Vintage Halloween ATC Swap - Taking Sign-Ups Now
Halloween is such a fun time of year and I thought it would be a great time to host our first blog swap with a vintage Halloween theme. This swap is a 3 for 3 ATC (Altered Trading Card) swap. What is an ATC, you ask? An ATC is a miniature work of art (the size of a playing card) which people swap with one another. The size of the ATC is always 2 1/2" by 3 1/2". It can be decorated in any form or fashion, including painting, decoupage, collage and the like. If you have not made an ATC yet, I warn you - it's really addicting. Thankfully, they are inexpensive to make, so you can craft your heart out and not break the bank.
Here are the rules for this swap:
1) This is a 3 for 3 swap. This means you will make 3 ATC's and get 3 ATC's in return. The theme is Vintage Halloween - think witches, ghosts, pumpkins, black cats and anything else that conjures up thoughts of Halloween from days past.
2) Swap sign-ups close on September 6th. If you'd like to participate, please comment here or email me at: email@example.com and I will add you to the list.
3) ATC packages must be in the mail to me by September 30. After all, this is a Halloween swap and it would not be fun if we swapped afterwards. Once I get everyone's packages, I will swap out the ATC's and mail them out to you ASAP.
4) Please include a self-addressed return envelope for your ATC's and include enough money or stamps (if you are in the United States) to cover the cost of shipping. (This shouldn't be too much - $1.50 or so.) Please don't send postage meter strips. The post office doesn't accept these if they are being used to mail a package from a different state. If you live outside of the United States, you can still participate, but instead of sending me stamps, you can send me a payment through Paypal to cover the cost of shipping.
5) That's it! Let the sign-ups begin and have fun! Whoo hoo! I will keep a running list of participates on this post, so please be sure to check back for updates.
(Pictured are ATC's I designed and traded in a Halloween swap last year. Just a little something to help you get your creative juices flowing.)