Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting Ready for Out of Town Visitors

My parents are coming into town from Arizona tomorrow. I'm so psyched. I haven't seen them since the summer of 2007. I started my vacation today so I can bake lots of goodies and start cooking up German food for tomorrow's dinner. My mom's family came to the U.S. from Germany in the 1950s', so I was raised with lots of stick-to-your-ribs German food. These days, I make it on special occasions mainly because it's so time consuming to make everything from scratch.

While they are here, I want to spoil my parents rotten. I'm going to take them to the popular tourist haunts here in Northwest Arkansas. We're also going to the Beer and Bratwurst fest in the little town of Hermann, Missouri. Hermann is an awesome little town that was established by German settlers way back when. If you haven't been there before and you enjoy homemade food, hundreds of flavors of handmade sausage (after all, this IS a German town), wine tasting, antiques and shopping, you'll want to check out this little town. The small-town ambiance and activities make it the perfect trip for little weekend getaways.

The photos here were taken during my last trip to Hermann this past March. Check out all of the homemade cheese and sausage in the photo on the right. When it comes to good food, these people don't mess around.

4 comments:

*~*TWo PiXie DoLLs*~* said...

How exciting! I'm sure your parents will absolutely love it all!

Crosses by Claudia said...

Hi Wanda,

I hope you and your parents have the visit of all visits!!! I can't imagine not seeing my parents for that long. We are blessed to still have our parents!

Be safe and enjoy! God Bless...
Claudia

Susan Hickam said...

Looks like lots of fun! Sounds like you know how to spoil those you love. Have a great time Wanda!
I think your part of the country is one of the pretties parts. If I didn't live here(Lawrence Kansas) the Ozarks would be my first pick!

Wanda AKA "Craftymule" said...

Thank you, everyone - We are having a wonderful time and the weather is just gorgeous right now. It's great for doing all of that touristy stuff. :)