I'm a huge fan of homemade soups and stews during the winter time. I made this hearty recipe today using leftover rump roast and ingredients I already had in my refrigerator. It's super healthy, too at only 142 calories per cup and 3 grams of fat. Enjoy!
BEEFY VEGETABLE RICE SOUP
* Water, 10 cups
*Beef boullion cubes, 6 cubes
* Garlic cloves, 3, chopped
* White Rice, long grain, 1 cup uncooked
* Celery, raw, 2 large stalks, cut into 1/2" slices
* Onions, raw, 1 medium, diced
* Carrots, raw, 1 cup, chopped
*Potato, raw, 2 cup diced
* Beef Bottom Sirloin Butt Roast, cooked and shredded, 2 cups (about 12 oz)
* Black pepper, 1 teaspoon
Put all ingredients into large pot, except for beef and black pepper. Bring to boiling over medium high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in beef and black pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Makes 10 - 1 cup servings.
I've had some requests for prints of Isela, my Catrina Calavera doll from the previous post and so I thought this would be the perfect time to try out Big Ca...