Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Dress Form ATC Swap

Most of the time, I participate in the Creative Souls monthly ATC swaps.  The theme for January/February was "Dress Form". 

I love to repurpose unloved or unwanted items in my art whenever possible.  This time was no exception.  I have been saving those mesh onion bags for quite sometime knowing that I would eventually use them as a textural element in my art.  I used a portion of one of my purple bags to make the skirt of the dress, then embellished it with sequins and glitter glue.  How cool is that?   Hmmm....Now I think I'm really going to have to use some of those mesh bags in an art quilt....Time will tell...

5 comments:

The Altered Paper said...

Oh Wow! Great Ideal! And it looks Awesome.

Shar said...

Wonderful and fun!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i love it when i find a use for something that would otherwise be thrown away, just like you did for this project. who would have thought they would make such nice skirts!

Abi said...

Onion mesh bags! what a great idea! beautiful work of art!

Pearlie Mcilvaine said...

Very nifty! You certainly made a new, beautiful craft out of the mesh onion bags. The originality of the skirt is exquisite. You nailed creativity, Wanda! Keep it up! =)

Pearlie Mcilvaine