Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's a Snow Day! Perfect for - What Else? - Making Art Jewelry!

A backyard pic (hubby's workshop and our storage shed)  after the snow storm.
 
We had a lovely winter storm here in NW Arkansas this week.  My place of employment - which rarely (if ever) shuts down - was closed yesterday and today due to the ice and snow on the roads.  For me, not only does that mean staying home in my little sanctuary away from the world, but I got to spend time with my daughter and husband who were also home on these days.  Of course, that also meant that I had extra time to work on some special orders from my customers.  :)    Now, I am no stranger to making charm bracelets and necklaces, but my latest special order was quite different from my usual orders.  This customer wanted an extra long (down to the belly-button) necklace filled with  polymer clay candy charms and beads, along with a matching bracelet and earrings.  I enjoyed making this set which is definitely a novelty in every aspect.  I just had to share the photos with you:

Necklace, earrings and bracelet set

Just the necklace

Bracelet and earrings


Perhaps the best news about this junk food jewelry set is that it's calorie-free.  :)  Now that is way cool.

11 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

What fun pieces! Your customer is sure to be delighted.

Thespa said...

Wow girl! You were busy. I crafted during the "snow days" too. Love the fun style of your jewelry pieces. Hugs!

Thespa
Vintiquities Workshop

Lori said...

I Love it...Very whimsical. Reminds me of the paper gum wrapper chains we made as kids..Very colorful.
Lori

Mary said...

wowsers! i am loving your work!!
these are just way too fun!

martha brown said...

Oh, this is way cool! I had a snow day this week too.... I kind of frittered the day away visiting OWOH blogs.....

Fabric Art said...

Wanda so nice to meet you, your jewels are so special and so creatively done, they made me smil and I love then, please count me in and thanks for visiting my OWOH post.
Anni

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! I love this jewelry! I'm from Arkansas...most of my family still lives there! It's nice to meet you! Stay warm! ♥

Nancy said...

Love these - way fun! You've got a wonderful talent with jewelry making!

dieadjustormigrate said...

this is so cool! you have a lot of patience to do such detailed work. i am impressed! cheers, olwyn

Heather said...

That is great!!! You have sooooo much patience to be able to make such a fun piece!!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Now THAT is beyond fabulous!!! At first I was wondering where on earth you found all those mini boxes I didn't realize they were clay. So so fun!!!!